Thursday, April 13, 2006

Mt. Apo Baby!


Blissful Morning. See that grin on his face? It's a pretty "permanent" feature on him. He seems to be smiling most of the time which makes me truly grateful. Thank you Father God for giving me such a hassle-free, happy baby :)


Close Up Shot at that Smile! :)


Peak Baby! This shot reminds me so much of that "circle of life" scene in "Lion King"



Cute. Ahh... this picture has everything that I love in life - the sky, the mountains, the mountain breeze (if breeze could indeed be captured in photo hehe), and my two great loves :)


Yeah right! I wish I could say these pictures were indeed taken at Mt. Apo :p hehehe Given my current...err..."change of status," well, I think going on a climb is quite impractical these days. These days, I couldn't decide on things just like that. These days, I couldn't just flit off as I please. Make that "we" since B is definitely as "grounded" as I am too. Actually, I feel thankful at the moment that he did not push the idea of him climbing with our friends and leaving me at home to keep watch on Baby. It felt good that he saw it fit to sit there with me while I daydream about standing on Mt. Apo's peak and doing my Lenten reflection there. I'm sure he had his share of daydreaming too.

But I think it helped that we had a chance to go on a "brief" travel over at Buda. The office had our "Recollection" on Holy Monday till Tuesday. Some brought along their kids. Since I am breastfeeding, it followed that Baby will have to come along too. And B of course had to be there too. That way he could keep watch on Baby while I attend the sessions.

At first I have doubts about bringing Baby along. It is after all, going to be his first "long-distance" travel. And it's a landtrip yet. I had to consult his Pedia about it. When it turned out to be okay, I felt relieved and gone on with the preparation for the trip. Seagull in the Valley (were we went) is a pretty cold place at 4,000++ feet. It would be like being at the base of Mt. Apo. B and I had to make sure that we had everything we need to make baby comfy for the trip and back and of course to see to it that he gets proper insulation for the cold. Actually, it pretty much felt like we were also preparing for a climbing trip. It felt really good to be digging out all our climbing gears and preparing Baby's own "climbing" apparel along with ours hehehe He even have his own Nike shoes to boot :) He has his own set of bonnets too and jackets (I brought three to make it sure) and rain gear hehehe For "pa-porma" effect, he has his own cardigan jacket, thanks to Ate who brought it along from UK. It was really fun.


Sleeping Baby. See how "insulated" Baby is? hehehe I hardly slept the whole night. Apart from shivering in the cold, I kept on checking Baby to make sure he is not feeling as cold as I am :) and that he's truly comfortable.

Well, the entire trip was fun. It has it's moments where Bolo and I had a tiff when the session we had took longer than it should and that left Baby quite hungry :( But all-in-all it was truly fun. It helped that Baby proved to be such a good soul. He was never squirmy during the entire trip except that one moment when he was hungry. He just sat there, being playful with us or in silence. At most times he just slept... Ah, I foresee that there would be more travelling up ahead. I am very much looking forward to it. Now that Baby proved to be such a hassle-free kid, there wouldn't be much trouble then. Oh, but of course, his comfort and well-being would still be very much on top of the list for things to be considered before I make any plans about travelling. So I guess, "adventure trips" would have to wait a while huh? hehehe Let's see ... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Candy:

ha! naniwala naman ako! i actually thought you brought your cute litte bundle of joy to mt. apo. i was really starting to get angry with you. (how "irresponsible" bringing a baby.... heheheh, sorry!) hope, i won't offend anybody.
serves me right for jumping into conclusion even before i had the chance to read your entry.
kiss baby rl for me. mwah!
ay, ang gift, to follow pa rin. hehehe....

Tata said...

hmm... i could forgive ur thinking i would indeed be so irresponsible as to bring Baby in a climbing trip. (The thought had indeed crossed my mind though hehehe) But the gift, i don't think i could forgive bwahahaha Joke! Okay lang oi :) sa pasko na lang ninang! :)

Carmila said...

He's such a happy baby. :)

Tata said...

Lagi! hehehe thanks Carms :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rods...
I know it's been awhile. Ging forwarded your blog to me. So, I kept reading and reading... and I had fun.
Your baby is a cutie... unsa tinuod pangalan nya? 'B' lang palagi nababasa ko... hehehh.

Livia

Tata said...

Halu livia! :) So nice to hear from you :) I heard from Ging2x that u too have ur own little girl now :) so how's motherhood? hirap noh? pero masarap pa rin hehehe

My baby's name is Rod Lauren. Usual, combination na pod sa name ko at sa tatay niya :)

really nice to hear from u again :) regards to ging :)