Sunday, January 04, 2009

First Thought

Yesterday, I attended a session in BK and I was a bit embarrassed to have drawn a blank when I was asked what my first thought was -- as the year 2008 came to a close and the new year came dawning in. Honestly, I could not remember what my first thought had been. I remember asking myself several times, "Is it midnight yet?" I had been very sleepy, having very little sleep the day before. Well, I was practically sleepless, tidying up the place and making sure everything is clean and in proper order. This, a legacy from the OC aspect of my personality.

Well, I've always been big on rituals and ushering in the New Year is practically driving my OC self to be more so than the usual hehe To my OC self, it's a no-no to greet the new year without making sure everything is neat and tidy. Everything has to be set, the table and the food particularly. The dinner set had to be special and everything should match. Well, that was before. This year, I was a little kinder to myself (and most probably to the people I live with hehehe). Mama took out a serving dish that did not quite match the rest of the china but I did not make a fuss out of it. I remember thinking it's not worth fighting over.

And that probably was what my first thought had been... What was yours?

No comments: