Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nudged, Lovingly...

Bah! Talk about being slapped in the face. That is how I feel at the moment, having just opened my “Your Powerful Question for the Week” email. The question for this week reads – “If not now, when?”

It was a slap in the face alright. Since definitely I’ve been putting off doing some things that are really important. Sigh, lately, I’m really guilty of being… complacent? I’m not sure if that’s the word to describe it, but I sure am conducting life in an “unhurried” way lately… It’s as if I have no cares in the world.

No, I take that back, it’s not really true. The truth is, the only thing I’m guilty of is reordering my priorities. I’m spending more time with my family and for myself. Right now, I’m playing with Baby more, spending some time with Bolo more, resting more… These days, I’m normally glued to my computer, fixing my blog, posting, and browsing.

I think it’s funny considering I was never a “browsing” type of person really. Oh, I use the internet a lot, mind you. But mostly, it is for checking my mails, posting mails, and yes, for blogging too. The latter usually takes much of my time. But that’s it. I don’t even make a habit of checking my friendster hehehe. Yet lately, there I was just browsing. Before I knew it, a whole afternoon had gone by and I have not really accomplished a lot.

It’s even funny how Bolo caught on with it. Last night, I was surprised to see him browsing the net. I mean, before, he wouldn’t even touch the computer even just to browse for the files I needed. Now, he’s like “strolling” all over the whole wide world of the internet :) I think it’s cute though and I like the fact that he’s doing it on his own and that he’s not afraid of trying out new things at all.

Accomplished a lot. Hmm… I guess this is where the “conflict” arises really. It seems that “accomplishment” is always placed along-side doing something for work. How about if one does something for the family. Isn’t spending some time with your family can also be considered as an “accomplishment?” How come we never view it as such?

Ah… but still, I feel that I deserved the “slapping” I got from reading the question. There are some things I’m putting off doing. It’s high time that I face them now and finish them. In fact, I should hurry along accomplishing them so I could spend more time for myself and my family.

It just occurred to me -- we do indeed have a nurturing universe – one that never fails to check us, put us in our place whenever there is a need to. I certainly feel that I’ve just been checked, nudged to move on to the right direction. I am grateful that I am at a certain degree of “wakefulness” to have “caught” the message. I am grateful that I am aware enough to know that I am being checked. Because, it meant, I would have to respond accordingly.

Thank you, Father God, for caring enough to correct me whenever I needed to be corrected. I certainly felt treasured and loved. It meant You are really faithful in continuing Your work with me. Certainly, I still am very much a work in progress. I pray You’ll never tire with me despite my being stubborn at times...

Hmm… I wish I could also be such a parent to Baby, that I will never tire in making sure he’s growing up, moving towards his own becoming the right way…

No comments: