Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rubber shoes (A New Addition to the Team)

I've been looking for a photo file for a report I'm making when I came across the above picture. It sure did made me smile. I think it's cute. Before, there used to be just mine and Bolo's rubber shoes stumbling upon one another in a corner of our house. Now, we have this cute, little pair of shoes thrown in.

Having the lifestyle (before that is hehehe), Bolo and I have quite more than a few pairs. I own the most pairs -- 7 (TNF for hiking, 3 Hitec pairs (hiking, aqua, squash), Nike, NB All-Terrain, and a pair of pink Atmosphere for "anyday" use). There would have been an 8th pair -- a red and brown LA Gear sneaker-type (Which reminds me, I love that pair huhuhu It had been a constant companion. It was with me during my Bohol tour and it had been with me to the peak of Taal huhuhu) -- that I have given away to Bolo's sister.

If it had not been to Bolo's prodding I probably would have held onto that one hehehe But he did point out that I do not get to wear them much anyway. That -- and discovering a Nike pair with a busted heel due to a long time of being unused -- convinced me to part with it.

It's not so much that I love rubber shoes. Hehehe Ok, I do. I also admit that if I'd be less practical and give in to my whim, I'd probably be owning a lot more. For years I'd been eyeing a Lacoste pair, and a Clickers, and a new NB sneakers, hehehe But always, my sanity and practicality prevailed. I think the only thing that held me back in buying the Lacoste and the Clickers was the price. It was way, way too much. I mean, I wouldn't mind blowing away a good sum of money for a pair of hiking shoes (The TNF pair cost me an arm and a leg huhuhu). But for a pair of sneakers I would not be able to wear much anyway (I could hardly wear one to the office), I think it's only practical to let the "infatuation" die before it blooms further hehehe Especially now with Baby to think of.

Hmm... besides, I had the most pair only because some of them were given to me as gifts. The orange aqua Hitec was a gift of Bolo's. (It's a current favorite) Although I think he gave it to me only because it was my size and wouldn't fit him hehehe Just kidding, B. The white Squash Hitec (shown in the picture) was Ate's pasalubong to me when she arrived from UK last year. The pink Atmosphere and the Nike, likewise. So there.

Bolo could have had a few also if only he's not fond of giving his stuff away. He gave his Merrel to my brother and his other one to his father. Now, he's left with just one -- the Salomon pair shown in the picture above. Hmm... I know he's probably wanting to buy a new pair but we're a bit tight as of the moment. But I think with the summer climbing season just around the bend, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd cut away some corners just to buy a good pair soon.

But really, everytime I come across Baby’s rubber shoes – he has two cute Nike pairs, also gifts from Ate – I can’t help but smile. It’s like I could almost picture Baby becoming a part of that aspect of mine and Bolo’s life that spells R.U.N.S. and the outdoor life. Oh, I dream about that. I dream about him joining us one of these days. As it is, he is already a constant travel companion no matter how inconvenient it may be for us. But of course, we could hardly just leave him. And I take that back, Baby is never an inconvenience.

Bolo and I share the feeling that we are not complete if Baby is not with us. We both balk at the thought of going somewhere “fun” and not bringing along Baby with us. Besides it hardly is fun if he is not around. These days, Baby is a constant source of joy for both of us. Everyday he’s showing us his new learned “tricks” and we’re like ready to burst with too much happiness.

Lately there were possibilities of going to Kinabalu, even Kanlaon, but we're like holding ourselves back. Both trips are something we've always wanted to take but both trips are also something that Baby could not tag along with. So, for now, we're saying no on those kind of trips. No regrets though. There would always be time for that.

The above photo was taken while we were in Bantayan Island. Bolo must have found having our shoes aligned like that with Baby’s thrown in, really cute thus he took a snap shot of it. Well, it looks like there’s a new addition to the team alright :) It looks as if future "B" Team ’s engagements would include trudging along this tiny, little bundle of delight...

I’m sitting here and I’m thinking, I never knew I had dreamt of such a life. Oh, I remember thinking before how I’d love to have a family of my own but I could not remember ever dreaming about having a little one to share mine and a husband’s passion on things. Now that I’m living such a life, I feel as if I am living a dream I’ve always had in my heart. Baby’s making my life more complete than I could ever imagine. He’s a welcome addition to what Bolo and I have found in each other.

So, come on in, my little one. You’ve proven to be such a joy to your Tatay and I. Let both of us return the favor by showing you, making you, a part of what we love about life. Come and join us in our adventures :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up to every single one, it'ѕ truly a рlеаsant for me tο pаy a ѵiѕit thiѕ
site, it contains pricelesѕ Information.
My page : Samsung Galaxy S3