Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trade-In's

I still feel my calves protesting even when I traded in my pumps for flat sandals when I got home during lunchbreak. For a month now I’ve been having an affair with my newly acquired, strappy, two-and-a-half-inch high heels. Yeah I know. It hardly qualifies for a stiletto. But for someone who rarely wears any high-heeled shoes, continuing the affair for a month straight, is quite a feat already.

I’ve always cherished my legs and my calves. Nope, I don’t spend the whole day on a foot spa or rubbing on lotion or anything. In fact, if truth be told, I rarely put on lotion hehehe I guess eating vegetables has its advantages. Anyway, what I meant with cherishing is that I take real good care of my legs. I try not to put too much strain on them by shunning away from “very high” high-heels or wearing uncomfortable shoes. I had to! Mountaineering is my passion. Not to mention the fact that my life basically revolves around fun runs and races... If I don’t take care of my limbs, then it would be like robbing myself off these pleasures. No way!

Hmm…I don’t know what brought the “affair” on. Maybe I was on one of my whimsical moods. But for now, definitely, I’m calling the affair off indefinitely. I still value my limbs and I don’t see the point of subjecting myself to the aches I’m feeling at the moment. Sure, I still fancy looking real nice if I’m in an office get-up but I think I’ll achieve the same look if I wear one-and-a-half-inch shoes instead of much higher ones.

On a different note, Bolo and I traded our usual jogging-marketing-day for a lazy walk by the beach last Sunday. We woke up quite late due to some marathon we had the night before. Though we still want to go ahead with the marketing, we changed our minds when Mama pointed out Baby could benefit from some early morning sea breeze. His cough and fever had been going on for about a week then despite prescribed medications. And so we put on our rubber shoes and off we went. We had fun especially when we saw Baby’s beaming face as he walked on the beach and saw the waves closing in on us. It was a pity we did not have any camera with us then :)

Last night, I traded in the chance to watch “The Devil Wears Prada,” with “You, Me and Dupree.” I’m glad that I did. Hmm… will write more about it later. My son had to take priority hehehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello te rodz, hmmm, i watched "you, me and dupree" with geian last sept. 16 :-) (wla man lain movie matan-aw and i promised him as a treat for his birthday w/c was last sept 18) he said, he liked the movie coz it's funny i wonder if he understood the dialogue hehehe but he said he did! ambot lang.... ---it's me gladys