Sunday, August 31, 2008

Boracay

I sit here, crouching over the laptop on top of the bed slaving over a report that is due a few hours from now. The clock in the lower, right-hand corner of my screen reads 1:27 AM. My back aches and is screaming for me to take a rest and just lie down for a minute just to allow my spine to realign once again. Thoughts and words crowd over my head as I try to accomplish the report as briefly but at the same time, “exacting” as best as I could. And yet, dreams of Boracay – its white, powdery sand bathe in its unforgettable golden sunsets – creep into my mind, teasing me into nostalgic train of thought.


Ah, who would have thought that I’d eventually fall inlove with Boracay? I’ve seen her twice before but was never smitten. To me, she’s far too overcrowded, far too commercialized to merit being included in my “best-loved-vacation-spot” list. But in my recent visit, she managed to creep right into that list and into my heart. Boracay just grew on me and here I am thinking -- amidst scattered papers and reports -- of the time I’d be through with all of these so I would just find myself in her midst again.


Nope, I don’t fancy another island touring, I’ve done that twice and I guess I’ve seen enough. What I really look forward to doing is just spending lazy walks at white beach, covering the wide expanse from station 1 to station 3 and then back. I don’t care about the shops or the night life. I’ve never been much of a party person. What I truly long for was just to spend a lazy afternoon at the beach, lost in thought with probably a pen in hand as I get lost in my own thoughts and introspection. It would really be lovely to spend an entire week there, doing nothing but sit back and relax with no thoughts whatsoever other than enjoying the time at hand. A week! That would be heavenly. I can’t wait to have the chance to do just that. Soon!

Actually Boracay came to mind in the first place since I've been wanting to blog about our recent visit there. But with all the reports that I needed to do, it simply is just impossible... But ah...soon :)

No comments: