Sunday, December 07, 2008

My Celebrity Son

Well, all the sacrifices and money thrown into the event have finally paid off... and ended... last night. At last! :) The results were amazing. Imagine, the baby who won first prize threw in 23,000++ votes. Imagine that. A co-parent who sat in the same table as us (during the Awarding Dinner last night) told me she computed that for this week alone, the parent of that baby could have spent close to a million. Imagine that! Because you see, 1 vote means a 300 purchase plus 2 products of the activity organizer.

Well, the purchase, that can be done away with if you would just have someone ask for receipts. But, 23,000++ votes meant around 47,000 Johnson products. And being buyers ourselves, we knew that the cheapest product is at Php 15.75 each. That is, if you were lucky enough that VP have stocks for that product. In our case alone, the only available product during the last week was that of Php 35++ and above. So imagine that... Well, you do the math and that is around 800K++ hahaha

Well, I'm happy we made the right decision not to splurge this time and take it easy. We practically spent quite an amount of money making purchases and buying the products in order to raise votes for Baby. During the final round, we thought we couldn't waste our money when we are not sure if Baby could win at all or not. Tatay and I were contemplating about spending Php 50K on the products alone haha! What a waste it would have been. There were some parents who spent 200K++ and did not even make it to the top 3 since third place had a total vote of 16K++ so that's 32K of the products... around Php 500K hahaha!

Anyway, the whole experience really had me tickled pink. I totally enjoyed it. What I enjoyed the most was that Baby seem to enjoy everything as well. These days, everytime we get in our car, he would ask if we are going to "his" contest haha! And then this morning, he asked me where his certificate and his "tickets" are. He asked, "Where's tickets ko, Nanay?" in a very concerned voice that I was really amused by it. Btw, the tickets here meant the gift certificates he earned as one of the baby finalists. Well, yes, he was indeed one of the finalists and it is enough to make me proud. In fact, I have this feeling that if only the contest was about having the cutest smile, then I'm sure Baby would have won first place hahaha! I'm sure the other parents would think otherwise but hey, this is my blog after all hahaha!















That's Baby in the center. In a red shirt. So, I'm right, aint I? He's the cutest there is hahaha!






































































































Plenty of food during the "Culmination Dinner."

















With Ninang Jeni!

No comments: