Tuesday, October 11, 2016

On the Edges of Infinity

When I think of tenderness,
I think of you
I doubt not the love that you feel for me
Even if when I thought about pain,
It’s you who comes to mind as well.

When I thought about connection,
I think about what we have
That instant undeniable recognition
Intensity from day one,
Got nurtured in time.

I met you when I was doing something I love
Surrounded by everything that helps complete me
We were in the midst of the woods
Stood in awe of a great waterfall
Running through trails

From then on
We found ourselves constantly
In nature’s midst
Often  on top of a mountain
Amidst raging surf, braving the sea

You were my adventure buddy
Still is
Always will be
So many places to see
And explore still

With you
I feared nothing
Despite my physical fragility
You and my strong resolve
Compensate for what I lack

So while I maybe away
Often alone
Sometimes in need of affirmation
I think of you and what we have
It’s enough to get me through the day

You brought me laughter
Even the greatest pain
I am well awake though to know
That we’ve decided on this
On the edges of infinity

To help each other along
Confront our lack
Come full circle…

I love you, B.



No comments: