Friday, May 25, 2018

"Truli"

Today, there was love most definitely. We marked a milestone today— Rod’s rite of passage to manhood. It’s one of the reasons why I came home and why this particular exercise took this long to happen. Because, Nanay has to be there. I’ve had half the thought on that. After all, it’s a manly thing and Tatay being there should be enough. We’re running out of time as well. School is almost here and it takes a while for the healing to complete. Yet, even Tatay thinks I should be there. He said it’ll certainly make a difference. True enough, even when Tatay was holding his other hand and engulfing him in a hug from his head down, it was my name he calls out when the pain started. “Nanay!” A plea, looking straight at me, his eyes full of fear and pain. Tatay and I shushed, soothe, squeezed his hand, hugged, kissed and whispered understanding and comforting words. Still his cries fill the small clinic. My heart lurched in pain. I wish I could take his pain as my own. I told him so.. It felt like eternity, holding his hand, seeing him pained. But I was grateful to have been there for him. I nearly fainted from the stress of it all but I wouldn't take it in any other way. I may not be always there for my children due to the nature of my work but I am truly blessed to have always been given the chance to be there when it counts. Thank you as always, God.

No comments: