Thursday, August 24, 2023

Bliss

 Just wanted to pen this now as yesterday was pretty special.  I've been wanting to go to Mass the entire week because we were at Sinuda last Sunday and was not able to go.  I intended to have an online one but was sidetracked with cleaning the house as it had been neglected for a while.  Anyway, yesterday we were able to go after we picked Forest up from school.  Kuya was still not through with classes so we told him to just meet us there.  Tatay had a funeral Mass that morning as well so he said he just be in the car, taking a nap as he had quite a busy day.  I was fine, no bitching from my end.  We arrived early but Forest and I quietly prayed and just sat there waiting for the Mass to start.  The Holy Host was in display so was being very quiet and mindful.  

When the Mass finally started, I was surprised that Tatay sat beside us and participated too. In a little while Rod also arrived and sat next to me.  That was enough to make me happy.  Very little really makes me happy.  Ate Janin was already at home so was not with us.  

We went to the mall to buy Kuya's barong for today's Araw ng Wika.  After that we went to buy some vegan stuff.  Yes, a week now being back to purely vegetarian.... Hope it will last.  We were quite happy to have found so many vegan stuff -- salmon, shrimp, bacon, mushrooms... oats milk.... ceremonial and premium matcha... We couldn't afford to buy the minute jar of premium matcha there so Rod settled with ordering the drink.  I was also surprised to have found Bundaburg there and ended up buying two. 

It felt quite blissful.  Since Ate was not with us, we did not feel right about eating outside so we had take out instead.  We got home, ate together -- some re-heated, left-over pasta and crackers for me though because they ordered meat for the takeaway.  After that Rod and Forest practiced playing the violin and the viola together (thus the photo that has to be furtively taken nowadays and to seek permission before posting haha).  That right there is heaven on earth for me.  Truly grateful. 

No comments: