Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Circus Baby and a Delighted "Spectator"

Last night, we had a "practice session" on our "Lamaze Exercises" at home. Actually, I was too tired to do anything much but I had quite a strict "coach/partner" who sees to it that I do my assignments... When I would execute an exercise incorrectly, Bolo would frown and show me how it's supposed to be done! Huh! So there definitely was no cheating with him around... He's probably thinking, I insisted about taking the class so we'd better make good use of what we're learning from it... Which is actually a sound decision, considering I had to "beg" (err... coerce is more like it hehehe...) him so that he'd agree about our taking the class...

The exercises actually are quite easy to do but with my growing tummy and my being tired these days, a simple stretching exercise could have me sweating even before I fully execute it... Sigh... I can't help but think of the days when doing stretching exercises during our nightly runs, hardly requires any effort from me...

Anyway, despite the "discomfort" and some "inconveniences" this pregnancy has given me, I know I wouldn't trade this pregnancy for anything. What happened last night was one of those moments that really made me appreciate going through this particular experience.

As usual, I was just about to doze off when Little B started again with his... errr... nightly "performance" :) It's actually one of the things I look forward to at night. My tummy would rise and fall as Little B would go through his "sommersault routine" hehe. It amuses me to see this everytime, with my whole tummy "waving" in tune with my little one's movements.

Everytime this happens, I would take Bolo's hand and place it on my tummy so he could also feel the whole thing... The funny thing is, the movement would stop everytime. So Bolo would usually just feel a slight movement. Last night was different, however. It seems to me that our little one has finally decided to "show off" to his Tatay :)

As I placed Bolo's hand over my tummy, Little B's movements became more pronounced. He seems to be tromping all over the place :) Bolo then gave out a delighted and surprised yelp. It was like music to my ears hehehe. I know he was enjoying the whole experience. And I was right there along with him... I was glad for his sake... I know he was very much delighted by what is taking place and I was really happy for him...

Ah... what they're saying is true - the best things in life are free :)

1 comment:

Tata said...

hehehe thank you jen :)