Monday, October 03, 2005

Morning Bliss

Opened an eye and then two
Looked up to the heavens
Whispered my gratitude for another day,
Another blessing…

Then I turned to look at you
Still sleeping peacefully at my side
Stifled an impulse to reach out
But you stirred anyway

Turning to me with those sleepy eyes,
You do the reaching out
Engaged me in a hug,
Starting the ritual…

Whispered good mornings,
Exchange of smiles,
Then the quiet conversation begins…


Hmm… nothing quiet about the exchange of words but with the contentment those morning conversations bring, the word “quiet” comes to mind… For there is definitely that sense of calmness, of stillness… as if everything is aligned and well…

This morning, I prayed for the two of us. I said it in Visayan for his benefit. I was surprised at being able to express what I intended quite well. For someone with an English-tutored mind and whose medium of expression had always been in English, that was indeed quite a feat. And I told him so. I told him that with him, I learned to do just that. Then he countered by saying that with me, he had learned how to love… That rocked me to my very core. Even now as I sit here, I still get very much affected, remembering that little exchange… And now, the ability to truly express what I feel escapes me… But gratitude definitely is one of the things I’m feeling at the moment. Gratitude for life and the many blessings it holds…

No comments: