Wednesday, October 26, 2005

On Spirituality

“Religion is a guy in church thinking about fishing. Spirituality is a guy out fishing thinking about God.”

Read this in today's devotional and I'm struck by it... I know it does not quite justify my not being that "religious" in going to church lately, unlike before where i don't usually let a day pass without attending mass... but I find comfort in the above phrase... God knows where my heart lays and what my longings are...

These days are tough. Everyone I know - including myself - seems to be short of cash these days. There's just too many bills to pay and the cost of everything just seems to have ballooned overnight. But everyday, we get by. With His help, we do manage to settle our obligations and meet our needs. Truly, He sustains us unconditionally. Just as He had promised... And I cling to this promise everyday... He is after all, the good provider... And he never fails, everytime... Thank you Father God.

No comments: