Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Some More Legazpi Pictures and On Bicol Express!


For check-in please - laptop, baby, baby bag, backpack, trolley, and box. Hehehe on second thought, the first three items not included :) (Photo taken at the Manila Domestic airport on our way back home to Davao)


Bb Bullets: Ok, Nanay, I told you I prefer to be independent. (Photo taken on board PAL flight bound for Manila from Legazpi)


Bb Bullets (continuing the conversation): You see, Nanay, I'm quite capable to reflect on all my actions too. See here, I'm deep in thought.



Bb Bullets: Now, have I made myself clear, ha, Nanay?


Bb Bullets: Now, kindly hold this cap for me.


Bb Bullets: And leave my baby bag on the floor right there. I don't have a need for it at the moment.


Bb Bullets: Ay Nay, there's a cute co-passenger seated right behind you. He's friendly too. (Photo taken on our flight to Legazpi).


Tatay tending Bb Bullets at the Davao Airport while waiting for our flight to Manila.


Just came in from lunch. And of all places to sample Bicolano cuisine, it has to be here in Davao. Just had "kinunot" for lunch. It's a viand that is sort of the fish version of Bicol Express.


Now on Bicol Express, it had to take me all the way to Legazpi to learn that an authentic Bicol Express is comprised of pork cutlets stewed in coconut milk with chopped chili pepper in the equal amount (if not more than!) of the pork cutlets hehe. If you go to some restaurants here, their version of Bicol Express would be mixed vegetables in coconut milk with chopped chili peppers. And all this time I took that to be the real B.E. So imagine my amazement when we found out otherwise in Legazpi. With the pork thrown in into the dish I immediately knew I'd be going home without sampling any of the local food in Legazpi. Except the pili of course hehe. I was told that on the second day of our training, we had laing as one of the fares served to us. I was too busy on other things to have noticed. The hotel staff alredy knew of my food preferences so they would readily prepare a separate set of meal for me. Too bad they thought I wouldn't want to have some laing :(


So it was quite refreshing to chance upon authentic Bicolano cuisine over at the City Triangle earlier. I immediately liked kinunot at first sight. I mistook it to be some vegetable dish. It had some malungay leaves thrown in but it was basically fish cutlets stewed in coco milk with some amount of chopped chili peppers on it, pretty much like the B.E. When I saw the laing (with pork though) and the BE served the Legazpi way, I looked up to see what the stall's signage was. It read, "Sili't Gata, the Authentic Bicolano Cuisine" hehe Imagine my surprise. And delight! hehe Funny how ironic things could be sometimes huh? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad you're vegetarian... the bicol express and laing at sili't gata (along mcarthur higway, near the sabungan) is really, really good!

Tata said...

oo. sili't gata rin naman yung nasa city tri. maliit na stall nga lang. haaay laing! it's been a long time since i tasted one! where to find one that has no meat in it? hehehe

Anonymous said...

ateh eheh...luvin da picz..awwtzz soo cute..ni bb bulitz..im missing him na so much..ka kulitan nyan... most specail smile..aww.it brytenz my day na rin..hayyzz...taas na hair noh..n da captionz..so funny ehhe..give him a kiss for me a warm hug...mwaaahhh<3

Deng's Outdoor World and Travel said...

kelan kya ako sasakay ng eropleyn? hihihi papuntang davao?

Tata said...

Hello tung! hehehe fun na talga si bb bullets this days. I would miss him even when I am in the office. And he had already startted to "crawl," on his belly that is. As in sobrang bilis! Nahulog na nga siya sa kama huhuhu by the time ul be home again. big boy na ata siya :) hopefully, cute pa rin hehehe

saw mama fely's pictures too. the ones that u sent me through email. looks like she's having so much fun over there. and we're happy for her. will let the other olds (lola linda and artem) see the pix. do take care of her. and ingat kay always

Tata said...

hehehe deng! malapit na! di ba pupunta ka rito sa october? :) kahit wag ka ng mag-eroplano basta makapunta ka lang dito :) hope to see u soon. sama kayo ni bolo dito. mapapasyal ka nun sigurado. lagalag yun eh :)