Monday, March 26, 2007

Saying Hello Again

Finally, here's a break in the "goodbye" posts. Dane's flight to Dubai was at 11:30 AM yesterday, Sunday. At around that time, I arrived at Paradise Island with Bolo, Baby and Janine to meet up with Candy and Durly. Yup, Durly and her family is in town for a vacation. They are going to be here for a week.

It's been what? 5 years, since Durly left for Manila? Maybe even more. I remember we had a Christmas-Party-cum-Despedida at their house in Mandug. Candy was still very much pregnant with Asia then, her second child. China was a mere toddler. Durly's daughter then -- Lei -- was I think barely 1 year old. Now all kids are grown. Durly now has a 3-year-old son and I have a son of my own. How time flies and how life evolves. It seems only yesterday when we would sit in the 2nd floor "stairwell" in Ateneo, exchanging notes and agonizing over our grades in Calculus. Now, we're all faced with a hurdle of a different sort -- that of married life and being full-fledged adults.

I remember one conversation I had with Candy over YM (yeah, conversations nowadays are coursed through YM and not over coffee and cake. there's just barely enough time left for such get-togethers. YM, on the other hand, are right in our own bedrooms... and err.. desk at the office hehehe). We were lamenting how this time, things like paying the bills, sustaining our family's needs, being in-charge with "adult" stuffs are no longer the concerns of our parents but our own. If before, we are always at the receiving end, now it is our turn to do the providing. And we're finding out how difficult it can be. Well, adulthood sure sucks hehehe

Come to think of it, it's funny how before we all can't wait to be adults. We always hated it when we could not do our own thing, we had to undergo the agony of having to ask permission only to be turned down by our parents. Little did we know that great responsibilities come with such "freedom" too. Looking back, I think I would give up to be a kid again and be free from all these worries hehehe

Baby just came in, dressed in his complete England jersey uniform and playfully handed to me his soccer ball. He turned to me with his ever-present beaming smile and "gurgled" something he only could understand. I guess God just delivered me a message right there hehehe So okay, I take that back, adulthood is not really that bad hehehe

But anyway, it sure was fun seeing Durly again. We are set to meet on Wednesday for a dinner get-together. Hopefully other classmates could get to join us =) Below are some of the pictures we had at Paradise.




















No comments: