Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring Cleaning

It's 3:33 AM in my watch and here I am trying to unwind from all the work we had. Bolo and I cleaned up the "bodega" room. Needless to say, there were a lot of setting things in order and dusting up to do.

Well, seeing how the room now looks real tidy and livable -- enough that it could be offered as a guest room when relatives come over -- I think all our efforts have certainly paid off, being sleepless notwithstanding. Good thing tomorrow is a holiday so I could sleep till late in the morning hehehe

Tomorrow -- make that today -- is gonna be the the city's celebration of it's Charter Day. I think its 70th. I'm not sure though. Bolo's been very game about spending the entire day with us tomorrow. A part of me is hoping I could take some good pictures during tomorrow's grand parade but considering having to tag Baby along, I guess that is out of the question... Not real sorry though. These days, what's important to me is spending some quality time with Baby and Bolo. And it doesn't matter much where we spend it, as long as there's just the three of us enjoying each other's presence.

On that note, I remember musing a little while ago while I sat in the middle of the dust-infested, litter-everywhere room, how intoxicated I am with my present state of life. I realized, considering all that I've been doing lately, it seems my entire being is entirely centered on my being a Mom and a wife. Apparently, it would seem, everything else plays second fiddle.

Even my time for introspection revolves around the realities I'm sharing with my son and my other-"whole" (who ever coined the term -- other-half! Half indeed! Hmp! hehehe) Bah... that should not be so... While I love them both so much, I should not lose sight of the fact that all these are temporal in life... and these are attachments that could very well make me lose sight of far more deeper realities -- that above everything else, I am a soul... And I know exactly what that means...

No comments: