Thursday, April 26, 2007

I’m a Miranda

I took the test over at ABC.com’s “Grey’s Anatomy” site and was surprised to learn that I turn out to be a Miranda! Well, I certainly was surprised. I did not expect it in any way. I was kind of expecting to be an “Izzy” or a bit of a “Cristina” but Miranda? Really!

I told Candy who was also online over at YM and her reply was immediate. She called me – Nazi!!! That sure made me laugh. Nazi indeed. Hmm… now I’m wondering, am I really a Miranda? In truth I took the test twice and answered the second one as truthfully as I could and the outcome was the same. Duh!

Hmm… I wonder why my immediate reaction on the result was that of surprise. It tells me a great deal about myself. I mean, what was I thinking? My surprise meant I have a different view altogether of who I think I am.

So who do I think I am? What image do I have of myself then? Hmm… now that I’ve thought about it, I think I have this image of myself as a little bit of a “Burke,” someone who does his work well and conscientiously. Burke is the kind of person who is in touched with his feelings and is not afraid to express it. He is compassionate, kind, and self-possessed. Ah, that latter part, I know I could never lay a claim on that. Self-possessed… with the way things are, I think I still have a long way to go where that is concerned…

No comments: