Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My First Charming

Bolo turned to me and said something like, "I draw my strength from you. I find my consolation in having you here. Thank you." Then he finished off his monologue with, "Truly, you're my... first charming?" And I'm like, "Huh?!" After much explaining, I finally got what he meant, "Lucky Charm." First charming indeed haha!

We just came from his father's house. We..err.. "deposited" our car for repairs. The incident from which he needed some strenght to draw from is our having to be stuck in the middle of the traffic when our car suddenly konked out on us. Luckily we were not that far from the sidewalk so he would not have to "push" that far but just a few strides. Needless to say, he did not find the whole experience funny. In fact, he was quite prepared to give the dealer of the car quite a mouthful the instant he sees him.

So I'm like schooling him on the virtue of choosing his words carefully and how giving in to one's temper could not in any way change the state of things. I explained to him how scorn would only beget scorn and how being rude would not help things any. I told him, if he'd be kind then he'd probably get a much better response than if he'd be rude...

This morning, he repeated the entire monologue again but this time getting the words right. We were discussing on what to do with the car. And I let him explain why he felt that way. I was not fishing for compliments. Just trying to understand what is going on in his head and he said, "I draw my strength from you because you remained calm inspite the mishap and the fact that you stuck with me and we're together..."

I guess, that really count much huh? Being there for each other. Being together in the face of whatever trying moments even if it is as simple as dealing with a broken car...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ate u guys got car? hehe

Tata said...

hehehe yup. pero 2nd hand lang and needed several minor repais pa. but it is in running condition, registration is till june 2008 pa. in other words, it is still a work in progress haha! but it serves the purpose :)

hinay2x lang pagwapo sa. for now, its one we could afford. we will buy the pajero probably next year ;) haha!

we'll take pictures of it and send it to you soon. It's a KIA by the way, nothing fancy :)