Friday, January 22, 2016

Wherever

Today is special.  I went to hear Mass for the first time here in Kurdistan.  For the longest time I've been wanting to but never really managed to.  Foremost, Sundays are workdays here.  Then there were security guidelines not to go to places of worship as they could be targets.  Also, I hesitate attending one in Aramaic since I would not be able to understand it at all.  

Then today happened.  It was a result of a series of events -- meeting Filipinos at Qatar airport who are also on their way to Erbil.  Being informed about the church here and the schedule of the Mass.  I had to be in Kalar for two weeks.  And then I'm here.

It was something, singing the "Our Father" for the first time in these soils.  It felt surreal.  Praying after receiving the communion I got overwhelmed.  Truly, He finds me wherever I may go.  God's faithfulness is indeed steadfast, it never wavers unlike that of human's.  

The homily said something like real love and service is not really felt when given just through skype or viber or is not tantamount to just sending material things.  I felt that God is telling me something.  I know I would still be indecisive until the day when I finally have to make a decision.  Yet, I take comfort at the thought that I know God will show me the answers and will guide me accordingly.

Thank you, God.  Your love for me overwhelms me.  

No comments: