Sunday, September 02, 2007

Conversation

I almost jumped when I heard the doorbell rang. I knew immediately that it had to be Bolo since I had talked to him on the phone earlier and he told me he’s going straight to me instead of home. He just arrived in town after spending several days in Gen. San.

I jumped because I was still wrapping up an email and had yet to shut down the computer properly – which takes considerable time given my unit at the office. And of course I knew he hates having to wait for a long time especially if he’s bringing a lot of stuff with him.

True enough when I met him at the front door he had his day pack, a big box and a big plastic bag. He told me the box contained tuna, much to my delight. He warned me though that he was not able to bring much since there wasn’t much fish when they went to the fish port that morning. He said it was ironic considering the city was celebrating its tuna festival.

What surprised me though was when he immediately gestured for a kiss the minute I opened the door. He’s not much of a PDA-type of a person although he could be pretty affectionate too in public if he ever he feels like it. So I sort of kid him about it, saying he must have missed me that much; to which he replied matter-of-factly – “Of course!” Hehehe That was enough to make me feel “light-hearted” for several moments after that, feeling pretty much like a teen-ager hehehe

Moments such as these are what make me appreciate our being apart for some time. Because, they give us the opportunity to miss each other :) Although of course, I always have misgivings every time one of us had to go somewhere for some time. There’s the worry factor. You know, like you can’t help but be worried about his safety or well-being… And then there’s the trust issue as well hahaha Like what if he’ll get into temptations of some sort and would be weak enough to succumbed to it. Bolo had always been reassuring. And if truth be told he never really gives me the reason to ever doubt him. Still, it’s not really him that I don’t trust but the circumstances or the environment he’s in every time he’s apart from me. I had to make it clear though that while I’m worried about it, I don’t obsess much about it either. After all, he and I had already talked about it a lot of times and we’ve had our understanding on the matter already. Besides, I see obsessing about it as really just a waste of energy.

We went to the café next door to wait for Candy whom I already promised to treat for coffee. I’ve been wanting to show here the café next door for the longest time. It’s just a small café but very cozy, a place that anyone could readily appreciate. Personally, it panders to my dream of owning a similar joint. Good thing about the café too is that part of its earnings goes to a “peace fund.” The owners of the establishment assist communities affected by the arm conflict in some parts of Mindanao. So it sort of makes one feel good about throwing a good amount of money on just a cup of coffee.

It took awhile before Candy came. Bolo and I were already catching up on what he had been doing while he was in Gen. San when she arrived. He was so excited in sharing with me the fun they had while participating in the race. He was enthusiastic about the food, which I could pretty much imagine why. That is also what I like about Gen. San – the food! hehehe The freshest seafood, the different kinds of fish – pompano, tuna, sashimi, and diana that literally melts in one’s mouth…sigh! :)

The conversation became even more enjoyable with Candy around. At one instance, I turned to her and pointed out how Bolo and I could get so engrossed talking to each other. I guess that is one thing I appreciate about our relationship. We enjoy each other’s company. I mean, Bolo and I are really friends aside from being husband and wife to each other. That is why it’s so easy for us to talk to each other about anything. Our mornings are usually like that. We’d wake up early but it takes a while before we rise from the bed. We would usually spend the whole time just talking and catching up on things… Hope we'll remain like this for a long, long time :)

No comments: