Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sleepless in Sea... of Documents

Feeling light-headed. Nope, it’s not so much out of giddiness but rather due to lack of sleep. Slaved over a report till 3:00 AM this morning. I wasn’t even finished yet at that time. I was down to the very last session, wrapping up the documentation. I tried to write some more but my eyes seemed to have a mind of its own. Try as I might, it refuses to open well enough for me to see the screen of my computer decently. And so I slept.

Woke up a little before 6 AM and it’s straight to the computer for me. I finished the documentation part and then proceeded to tabulate the pre and post assessment results. Next came the course evaluation itself. It’s what I’d call the “dirty-job” part of technical writing – having to manually – encode 1 by 1 – each item in the assessment form. I love the analysis part. I thrived in the challenge but I’m normally not used to doing the tabulation all by myself. (tongue in cheek hehehe)

So it’s quite refreshing really to be doing everything on my own… it’s teaching me a great deal about patience… and humility haha! I must admit though I’m such an unwilling student hehehe There are times I would feel irritation at the thought of having to tackle admin jobs. I just don’t have the inclination for it.

But ah.. dislike it I might, I know I had to take on the job, learn my lessons fast so I could move on to the next. The sooner I get the message and learned the lesson, the sooner I’ll be over it. And that goes not just to doing and changing my attitude towards admin tasks…

No comments: