Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ah...Sweethearts Just the Same :)

B walked in on me while I was wrapping up on my journal entry below. I'm trying to guess what picture would I have presented -- sitting there cross-legged, pen and journal in hand, brows touching, engaged in a thoughtful mood...

I felt his hesitation as he looked at me. He then asked me what I was doing. I knew it was very much obvious to him what I was doing but I answered him anyway. I told him I was writing in my journal. He answered that he thought putting the computer downstairs would eliminate that habit of mine. He said he preferred having me rest than write. I answered back by asking him would he rather have me with a wilted soul. He grew quiet. Then he asked me what I was writing about. I told him everything, about my felt need for "sweetnothings." I told him that while I truly appreciate how he had proven to be such a good partner to me and how our relationship have grown over the months of taking on responsibilities, I felt that we ought not forget about indulging in sweetnothings every now and then. He engaged me in a hug and said that when baby RL is grown, we would have more time for being sweet to each other. He said that what's important now is that baby's needs are met. I was about to argue when he caught himself and made a non-coherent comment. I knew he was getting my drift. I knew that like me, he would exert more effort now not to just be engrossed in the practical aspects of our relationship... And we continued with our conversation. We talked about practical stuff again but the moment remained intimate just the same.

1 comment:

Carmila said...

You love writing! Hell will freeze over if you stopped writing. Plus I'm enjoying reading your blogs. It's really the only way for me to find out what's going on with you now.