Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Meet My Son

I've been really wanting to share the story of baby RL's birth in this blog but I'm really just short of time these days given the amount of work that had piled up in my absence from the office. The "birth account" is in my journal and quite a long entry so it means I would have to "type" the entire thing, which would entail some time that I could not afford at the moment. Hmm... and yet, the mother in me could also not wait to tell the whole world about my adorable, little son so here goes...


Baby Rod Lauren


Hey, look ma, who's smiling?


Close Up Shot :)

Meet my son, Rod Lauren :) I'm not quite sure whom he took after or where he got his looks -- me or bolo. Most of my friends say he took after B while most of Bolo's friends say he looks a lot like me he-he-he. I guess the confusion really is on the fact that he does not quite look like either of us. Some of my relatives say - and I agree - that he look a lot like my Dad :)

He's a lot of things these days. From being just a little short of 6 pounds at birth, he has now grown so fast. If at birth he could barely fill in his baby clothes, now he's almost bursting out of them he-he-he. As for his personality, well, he seem to take after his father :) He smiles a lot, even "giggles" when talked to. He seem to have such a happy disposition in life. I pray that he would still have that when he grows up. I hope he does not take after me who's so serious I seem to have a problem all the time he-he :) Hmm... but come to think of it, he seem to take after me in this aspect too. Many times he has manifested to me how he's such a sensitive baby. There are times when he would cry wanting to be picked up. Sometimes, I'm doing other things so I could not immediately pick him up. Instead of crying in earnest, he would stop, look at me and seem to just wait 'till I give him my full attention. Everytime he does that, I would immediately drop whatever it is I'm doing and engage him in a tight hug. Would not want him to feel neglected at all. Hmm.. I just hope he picks up both our "good" qualities and not otherwise.

Baby Rod Lauren is everything to me now. Everything that I do, hope for, decide for, seem to revolve all around him. He gives my life a deeper meaning. Now I know why babies are referred to as a "bundle of joy." Baby Rod Lauren is definitely that to me.


Baby RL: Hmm... whom do you think I take after? My mom or my Dad?

5 comments:

Carmila said...

He's such a cutie! Congrats! :)

It's still hard to tell if he looks like you or Bolo.

You know, you have to type up that stuff in your journal now.... Will be waiting for it to appear in your blog.

Tata said...

Hehehe thanks :) Yeah, i really ought to post that entry here by now. Hmm... will find the time soonest :) And will be posting some pictures too! :)

Tata said...

hehehe mga gwapo gyud joy noh? hehe spoken like real mothers - love my own kaayo :)

bayang, of course you'll find someone who'll whisper to u in church. someone who'll say, "Miss, naay hugaw imong siko!" hehehe joke! But seriously, he will come along. you would just have believe that he will come along :) ask God also to help you recognize him when he's finally in your life. malay mo, anjan na siya di mo nga lang namamalayan :)

Anonymous said...

your baby is soooo cute!

let's get together, bring you baby. i'll invite you to my "new house" (ha!) once we get settled.

i miss hanging out with you.

Tata said...

Hey kends,

Let's! I also miss hanging out with you and Dane and the others. Do invite us to your new home soonest! :) Btw, we'll be having the "binyag" sometime this month. do come. will call u wen everything is settled.