Monday, March 13, 2006

Fireworks

March 11, 2006
12:55 AM
Our Room

Bolo just drove away and I’m left with Baby here who also seems to miss his Tatay since he’s having a hard time settling down. B lingered quite a bit when he passed right in front of the terrace, rolled his window down and repeatedly waved goodbye at baby. Baby had woken up and so I carried him with me to wave his tatay off. I could sense B’s hesitation. He had already expressed his misgivings at having to leave again instead of just going to sleep with us. But he still has lots of things to do.

There’s an ongoing “Outdoor Week” in the city and tomorrow (make that today considering the time), being a weekend, is going to be its culmination. There are lots of activities going on. For starters, there’s going to be an early kayak race a few hours from now and I heard from Bolo that they had quite a show last night involving some stunts with the crocodiles. (The venue for the activity is centered at the city’s Crocodile Park.)

I feel quite rueful at having to miss all of it. B had been encouraging when I expressed the desire to tag along but I have reports to finish in time for an early travel on Monday. Plus, Ate, my dear cousin-cum-sister-I-never-had and the kids are arriving this afternoon after having been gone for two years. They’ll be staying for a little less than two months before going back to UK. As it is, there are still lots of cleaning up to do around the house as the bedrooms are not even made up yet. B however cheered me up a bit when he mentioned catching up on the outdoor week activities later tonight. He told me I could bring the kids along. That would really be something to look forward to.

After dinner earlier, I watched Pinoy Big Brother to while the time away while I waited for B to come home. One of the housemates – Bea – turned out to be celebrating her birthday today. And as a surprise, her boyfriend decided to set up some fireworks outside of the Big Brother House. The fireworks went with a little sign that says, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE.” The whole scene had melted my heart right through. I was like saying to myself, “Aw… so sweet… I wish something like that would be done for me too…” And then it dawned on me, those little gestures that Bolo does for me untiringly are his fireworks for me. Every time he brings me milk in the morning, sees to it I eat my breakfast and have enough “baon” for lunch... All of these things are Bolo’s way of setting up his fireworks for me… Thank you B.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a good thing that you are such a "bright girl" to notice Bolos' little fireworks...

Anonymous said...

aaahhh...hmmm... i believe the name is bianca.. but, of course, i could be wrong. heheheheee.

Tata said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tata said...

Nyay! hehehe i think it's bianca indeed hehehe I stand corrected :) I rarely watch tv these days thus having the names wrong :)

bayang! i actually blushed when u mentioned the "LOVE" journal hehehe i actually forgot that already. mas naulaw ko kina cecil noh! now that im remembering the whole thing. i practically hogged the pages of that journal. kung pagsamahin mo cguro yung entries nila, di pa rin nangangalahati dun sa entry ko bwahahaha i'm actually blushing again. kahiya! :) so what is this i hear about ur having some "fireworks" in ur life right now? :) im really happy for you. hope to meet the guys sometime soon :) and yeah, hope too that the spark will be consistent :) naks! dalaga na gyud si bayang. im afraid u, king and tonette is perpetually registered in my mind as cute, little dalagindings hehehe now ur practically having boyfriends! huh! :p

Anonymous said...

hi ta! when bayang told me about your blog, i got excited. finally, i can get in touch with you and "catch a glimpse" of your life now. i plan to read all the entries soon. . . when i get my own computer
hey, i just wanted to add about the "love journal" we have nung highschool. funny kay kababawan man kaayo mga entries namin. . unlike yours na full of emotions and may sensibility.
haaay, when can i get to write a journal like you have now. . . i am not much of a writer. .
i'll see you on sunday sa church! :-)

Anonymous said...

hi ta! when bayang told me about your blog, i got excited. finally, i can get in touch with you and "catch a glimpse" of your life now. i plan to read all the entries soon. . . when i get my own computer
hey, i just wanted to add about the "love journal" we have nung highschool. funny kay kababawan man kaayo mga entries namin. . unlike yours na full of emotions and may sensibility.
haaay, when can i get to write a journal like you have now. . . i am not much of a writer. .
i'll see you on sunday sa church! :-) ces
btw, have created a new blog account. not so creative name nga lang. corny daw ingon ni bayang. i'll change it na lang.