Thursday, March 30, 2006

Journal Entry: Fine Dining

March 31, 2006
Friday
My Desk

Haay… Now I have come to terms with the fact that dining out would never be the same. Well, at least for a little while that is, while baby is still a “minute” human being. Hmm… come to think of it, I guess it will not be the same for a long, long time hehehe Even if baby would have gain a few more in terms of height, it will still take years for him to learn enough “social graces” for Bolo and I to enjoy a relatively decent meal hehehe I’m not whining though. In fact I’m looking forward to experiencing him in that sense.

Last Monday, some close friends, Candy, Dane and I dined at the Marco Polo. I wish I could just let it on here that dining at the Marco Polo is an everyday occurrence hehehe. But it would not have been the choice had it not been for some certificate Candy had. We still ended up paying quite a hefty sum though that Dane vowed we would not dine again at the Marco until our kids are old enough to graduate in college hahaha!

It was supposed to be just a “girls-night-out” event. We had been looking forward to a session of whining about the husbands and talking behind their back hehehe but circumstances conspired and we ended up having Bong and Bolo (Archie could not make it) along. A part of me appreciated the change of plans because it meant Bolo and I can bring along baby and I wouldn’t have to worry about leaving him hungry or hurrying home.

At around 5 o’clock, B and baby already showed up in the office so I could still feed him. That would buy for us a few hours till he goes hungry again. It could mean we would have been through with dinner before I have to feed him again. At around 7, we were already at Dane’s office. We agreed to wait for Candy there. For some reason, Baby got into a tantrum. He was really having the fits, which was totally unlike him. His cry would switch from one who is totally irritated to being pained the next. He’s normally a happy kid. In fact, we could count on him to just play by himself when we had to do other things. He’s only irritable when he’s really sleepy but even then his “antics” while at the bank tops his previous “routines.” After a while he settled down and slept.

We had just seated ourselves on our table at Café Marco when Baby woke up and beamed at me. As it was impossible to eat properly while watching him, Bolo and I took turns in holding him, getting our food, and eating. Since I was totally preoccupied with Baby, I never had the chance to really participate in the conversation. We did some catching up though, mostly about Candy who have just transferred into a new house. After that, the conversation turned general. We talked about other classmates. Ah, and we spent the rest of the evening conferring on how to divide the bill among ourselves hahaha It was really fun, something I have expected with Dane and Candy around. They’re two of the most fun personalities in our class. They’re so matter-of-fact that often their comments on things would leave anyone amused. They’re what one would consider “gay” ladies, or “bading” in colloquial terms hehehe. Luv you guys :)

All in all it was a fun night. I was real happy to experience it with B and Baby. The fact that Baby had gone “fine dining” while he is still four months old really appealed to me hehe. Notwithstanding I had to hurriedly look for a corner in which to “feed” him. We both ended up at the “veranda-cum-mini-park” attached to the dining hall. It was the designated “smoking area” and I had to literally “sniff” around just to make sure it does not reek of nicotine. Happily, it did not as it was an open area. Luckily it was pretty dimmed there and nobody was around. I sat on the lone bench there and Baby settled quite happily to have his fill.

Baby must have had more than enough milk since by the time I continued eating and had my dessert – he was already making faces. He was smiling and frowning all at the same time. We could all guess what he’s at and Bong was laughing out loud. I thought nothing of it since it wasn’t his “schedule” to go at that time. Since he turned two months, he had never missed a schedule. Always, it is in the morning, just after he wakes up. Sometimes he would miss a day but every time he does go, it is always in the morning. Always. So I really had no idea why of all places and of all the time there is, he “went” then. B and I ignored it a bit. We were both in denial. When it started to “smell” there was no more denying the situation hehe. Luckily he’s breastfed otherwise it would have really smelt bad. Compared to formula-fed babies, breastfed babies’ poop doesn’t smell half as bad.

I brought Baby to the ladies’ restroom. Since it was virtually impossible to clean him up all by myself, I had to call Bolo for back-up. We argued a bit before he agreed to enter the restroom with me. I told him it was a pretty big place and there was no one there. I had to convince him that anyone who would enter would understand considering the situation and that he could always excuse himself. The funny thing was Baby had been smiling all the time. He was even giggling as if totally amused with the whole situation. It pretty felt like he was enjoying himself while we fussed over him. He really looked so cute and adorable then that I regretted not having a camera with me.

That was how it was, our first dinner out with Baby in tow. It wasn’t so bad. In fact, I totally enjoyed myself. I’m looking forward to doing more of the same. It just dawned on me, everything that I’ll be doing now would really be different with Baby around. Before it used to be just me or just Bolo and I. Now, we have Baby to make things thrice the fun. Welcome to the team, Baby “Bolets.” Your Tatay and I promise you a whole world of fun and adventure :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you, too...

Tata said...

hehehe :)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other
websites? I have a blog based upon on the same ideas
you discuss and would really like to have you
share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would enjoy your work.
If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.
Feel free to visit my website ; http://immobilienalanya.net