Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Homesick

I made it to the interview and barely made it to the airport to catch my flight. Thank God! Now here I am feeling nostalgic and emotional. After a late brunch at 4:00 PM I loitered the streets of Legazpi to look for an internet cafe to download some important files I'll be needing when I stopped right at my tracks.

The buildings looked familiar... And then I realized, just up ahead is where Bolo, Baby and I stayed during my first trip here. In fact, the cafe I'm at now is right at the street next to the very hotel we were billeted before -- the corner of which is where Baby and I bid Bolo goodbye as he boarded the tricycle that would take him to the terminal. Unlike us, he would be taking the bus back to Manila. We were trying to save. There was a big difference between the bus fare and the airfare.

I'm remembering how emotional that night was, as well. Bolo and I were constantly texting each other. We were constantly reassuring each other and exchanging exciting messages about seeing fire sliding down Mayon's slope hehehe.

I miss my son.... so much... but I won't think much about him. Besides this is hardly the time to given all the things I needed to do for my task here and my job back home. There's no sleeping for me here...

Ah this is one of those days when I'd wish I'm filthy rich. That way, I could still get to do development work, feel good about myself and be fulfilled. At the same time, I could afford my husband and son's airfare and accommodation... What could be more better than that? To be able to impress upon my son my passion for development work? And to present him one option of how he could choose to live his life... Not to mention, I could get to do the thing I love most but not be separated from my family.

Family. Meaningful work. These are two things I value the most at the moment.

I miss you Baby, you have no idea how much Nanay wants for you to be here. I love you. This is the first time since I had you that I won't be sleeping next to you and it's breaking my heart to pieces...

No comments: