Thursday, November 22, 2007

Baby is now a "Delighful" Two!

Last Sunday, November 18, Baby turned two years old. Same as last year, there were a lot of things that needed my attention at work. I had to submit liquidation reports to the org that funds the project I’m handling now. I am not exactly fond of administrative work hehe But I had to do it. So I had to accomplish a particular form, check our budget, compile all the necessary supporting documents. This includes receipts, SOAs, quotations, service contracts of RPs and documenters, etc. etc. It did not help that there were some supporting documents that were not with me yet and I had to wait for some of the concerned persons to e-mail them to me. It made the process took a lot longer than it should.

I so like to digress, don't I? Hehe Actually, the point is, I had but little time to prepare for Baby’s birthday. In truth, Bolo and I did not intend to hold a party at all. We were trying to save for some big purchase we’re aiming for before the year ends. We only planned to buy some cake and ice cream or to eat out. But Bolo’s Uncle Loloy volunteered to donate an entire “goat” for it and some buko for the salad. That changed the whole thing. So it became an opportunity for us to turn the whole affair into something that both our side of the families can share.

It was tough preparing “bag of goodies” for 50 kids. Yup, 50! Bolo has such a large family. He has like more than a dozen very “prolific” cousins hehehe who seemed to take very seriously the that part in the scripture that says, "Go forth and multiply." Just kidding! I wanted to invite a few more friends to the party as well but was afraid I might lose the opportunity of mingling with B’s family. The opportunity, after all, doesn’t always come…

Jeni was there though. So was Candy. Both we’re such a dear, acting more like hosts than guests. Jeni made it more fun for the kids by bringing along 15 beach balls. She helped me shop for goodies for the giveaways and the pabitin the day before as well. Dane’s absence was still very much felt though :) At one point we all wished she was there to share the experience with us. We were all in agreement though about how happy we also are for her for everything that has been going on in her life right now. For my part, looking at the pictures below, I'm looking forward to having one with her and her little one :)

I also missed some of the family who were not there… Ate and her kids… NC Neneth and her kids… Niño…

But enough of that… It was a fun day. Baby was all over the place, running about, dancing… without much of a clue that everything going on was actually for him. I’m hoping we’ll have another chance such as that one…below are some of the pictures taken that day.









With Tita Loren and Tita Cristina


The Abique's


Baby: Nanay, I want Barney, Let Go!


Ang galing ni China! Kinoach mo ito Kends ano? Kaya pala late kayo dumating hehehe joke :)




Baby: Nanay, bakit kina Ate China at Ate Asia, marami? Ba't sa akin isa lang?






Hm.. look at Bolo bing his usual self... mangantyaw ba? :)




















Like mother, like son...


Baby: Hmm.. I did not know Barney could also taste this good...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tunga says:

BELATED HAPPY BDAY TO BABY!!!
luks lyk u guys rili enjoyd it:)
daghaann lgi tao?? heheh

3 pa ang cake hehe..asa cla lola? wla lgi sa pics??

Tata said...

look closely sa other pix. you can see snippets of them hehehe u know naman the olds, hate being in the limelight hehehe

daghan tao because it was a bolo affair. an uncle of bolo donated a large portion of the food :)

the barney cake was courtesy of your mother. i just added a little to it. the other 2 were gifts :)

how r u? i heard u were sick? badak too, how is she? hope all is well at your end..