Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Life is a Stage

And sometimes -- or often times for that matter -- things are not what they seem...


During lunchbreak I sat in my working area very close to tears. I could not quite pinpoint what the threatening tears were for. Disappointment? Pain? Anger?


One instant I felt indignant, the next, incredulous, irritated and just downright sad. Then it hit me... life is a stage... and everyone of us have different roles to play.

In an instant I felt old wisdom and beliefs I've stumbled upon in the past and have held close to my heart, come in torrents. Like a balm over the hurt and pain I was feeling, I felt the outpouring of thoughts ease away my pain.

And immediately, I felt myself slide back in a state of grace, of gratitude. Indeed, things in life are not always what they seem. As I sat there thinking about one particular person and the way she's causing me pain, my thoughts were not exactly peaceful. (And how ironic could that be considering I'm currently managing a training course on gender and peace? hehe) But then I remembered, they say not all angels come with wings. Sometimes they come in the form of "fiends" who would hurt and try you endlessly just so you could get over your drama or to help you achieve your own perfection.

For all I know, this very person that is causing me so much pain now is an old soul that is an intimate friend in a previous life who vowed to be the very instrument to help me achieve my full potential in this lifetime. For all I know...

No comments: