Monday, July 09, 2018

Anniversary

So we're pretty sleepless today, really.  Because late last night, we were still awake. Well, at least I was fully awake and I kept waking Tatay up (who was tired from a soccer game earlier that afternoon) so we could mark the day.  I'm in one of those stubborn moments. 

And so, we ended up talking for a while.  Yesterday, I was actually feeling a bit resentful and yet apathetic.  We've been fighting a lot lately I wasn't feeling excited about celebrating the anniversary at all.  For one, we're apart. And, lately, I'm really at that phase wherein I feel totally unappreciated and taken for granted.  Come to think of it, that, I think is one of the reasons for our constant "encounters" lately. 

We got into talking about our first... well... I just had to log it in (was looking for a particular post in this blog earlier and got to rid some snippets of logged event that I could not for the love of me even remember at all!  But I wrote them and there they were.  They did happen.  I just could not remember.  So, here I am then... Logging in something a bit.... err... intimate... lest, I forget in some distant future)  So, I'm saying.  I've always have this pet peeve about our first.  For all my formative years (and beyond) spent reading (and around 50% of them, romantic novels), I always have this notion about making every "first" special.  It has to have all the works.  However, our first was not exactly marked with all the special effects, or fireworks or anything of the sort.  When I asked him about it he said, "Alangan, palangga gud kaayo ta ka. (So I did not force it)." And that set the tone for the rest of the day.

He, Rod and Forest went to church to light a candle and say a prayer.  He bought cake.  Forest sang us a "Happy THIRTEENTH anniversay" in a cute, sing-song voice.  (Which totally amused me).  So what more can I ask for? 

Thank you, God.  Thank you, B.  For making all the effort and for making me feel loved today.  I love you, hurot!

No comments: