Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Orbital Blog 2018


I just gotten off chat with Ate Gaga.  On her part of the world, it was already midnight and so she greeted me.  But yes, even this morning, I already got some advance greetings from high school friends. 

And finally, I was able to talk to Tatay and the children. We were able to pray together as well.  It had been a trying three days of not being able to talk to each other. It drove me nuts and made me truly depressed.  It was not a nice feeling to have.  It is difficult being alone and away from family.  The only source of my strength and re-charging at the end of the day is when I get to talk to the children.  It doesn’t have to be a lengthy conversation.  Just praying together would be enough.  But yes, talked we finally did and everything is just good from there.  Tatay and I ended up talking till midnight (2 am at his end).  He patiently waited for midnight to greet me and I guess we also made up for the three day “missed-communication.” 

This morning, I was awaken quite early (4 am my end, 6 in theirs) by a skype call. I know it was around the time that Kuya and Tatay are on their way to school.  I missed it though because my phone konked out, failing to charge the entire night.  It took forever to open to my laptop and get Skype running. By the time I was able to get through, Tatay and Rod have already left for school.  I tried getting back to sleep but my brain was already awake so I just laid there not quite asleep but not awake either.  Then Skype rang.  It was Tatay (back from Kuya’s school and Forest, singing me a happy birthday with our traditional small cake to blow.)  Forest was so cute my heart was filled to the brim. 

It was all love and well wishes from there.  From messenger, fb, skype, they came pouring in from loved ones and dear friends from all over.  It was a nice feeling to have.

It was a working day for me and I thought it was meaningful to have been able to contribute again in my own little way.  The past months have really been trying. I had to combat bouts of depression (which blew me away, knowing that I always have such a positive disposition) and it is only faith that is keeping me centered and away from thoughts of self-harm. Today, being able to finish what I did from work and having had all the fuss being thrown my way, I was affirmed.  I am loved.  

Thank you, God.  Thank you, family, friends and loved ones, for taking the time out to show me just how much.  I love you back. 

No comments: