Friday, July 20, 2018

Oily Journey

Forest: Nanay, i-post mo, "Forest is a doctor in school."

This, when I asked if she still has her oil stash. She related how a classmate often has tummy pain and how she administers the oil to her. Which, consequently makes her think she is a doctor :) Funny kid.

It made me think though that when we embarked on this oily journey, it was merely to be in keeping with our desire for what is healthy and good for the children. Without intending to, it allowed us to demonstrate just how concerned we are about their well-being. Administering the oils on the soles of their feet, at their back are really way more caring than giving a pill to drink.

If this oily journey would awaken the healer in Forest, I would be so much grateful for it. If it would reinforce her already caring attitude, what more can I ask for/

Just earlier, she talked about the oils as if she knows them intimately -- Panaway, Digize - making reference to what her Lola use. And last night, when I told her she ought to have Raven to counter the beginnings of colds and cough she is feeling, she looked for it in her Lola's PSK right away,saying "Rrrrrr" the whole time, attempting to read :)

Oh I miss you a lot, Forest. Every single day. Tonight, I watched her sleep as she had requested. I told her a story first and then I sang to her, until slowly her eyes closed and her breathing became much deeper. I did not stop singing even then (our version of Rock a-By which i sing to her since she was a baby and our latest craze, "A Million Dreams" from the Greatest Showman). It was as if I was thinking that if I sing longer it would make up for the absence that a real hug would bring :( I will be going home soon!

No comments: