Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another Long Weekend (Of Baby, Pasta and HP 7)

Monday of last week, we had a holiday. I was supposed to attend a seminar of sorts but Mama was like informing me every chance she gets that she’s going to spend the day at our Empress home. I got the hint. So Bolo, Baby and I went with Mama and Janin.

The thought of the long and nice driveway at the entrance of the subdivision made Bolo and I decide to bring our rubber shoes along to do some jogging. We’ve been doing that regularly when we still used to live there and every time we spend a day there. Below are some of the shots we had of Baby and Janin imitating Bolo and I as we are doing our stretching in preparation for the actual jog. They looked really cute and I was greatly amused at Baby and his being quick at imitating whatever we do. I love the smirk on his face as well. He’s really growing up so fast – his personality evolving along with his physical growth. And it’s both alarming and amusing to note a tendency in him to be really naughty and such a tease.

Well, he's definitely such a tease. These days, we usually would have to play “catch-me-if-you-can” every time I have to bring him downstairs. Sometimes he would race with me towards the stairs only to hold back on the last minute and ran back inside. I must admit that sometimes it could pretty be exasperating especially when I’m in a hurry but most of the time it just amuses me to see Baby in this light. It’s giving me a hint as to what he’s turning out to be as a person.























Yesterday, we had another Mondaly-holiday. So how did I spend the weekend? Well, I spent it with Baby, cooking pasta and finishing the seventh and last installation of Harry Potter in one sitting.

Pasta. Bolo and I came across an instant “Pesto Mix” while buying some stuff at the grocery. I make our own Pesto sauce and I’ve been wanting to make one for some time. Only there really is not enough time for me to do that. So being presented with an easier alternative, I decided to give it a shot. I had my doubts though, thinking it might not be as good as the real thing. The more I got disappointed when I reached home and noted it contained “MSG.” Oh well.

We bought half-a-kilo of pasta since I’ve also been intending to do a spicy tuna version. I’ve been craving it for some time. So I divided the pasta into half – made one with the tuna and another with the pesto mix. Both turned out well, by the way. And yet, I’d still say my pesto tastes a lot better than the instant one hehehehe. For one, the mix did not have any pine nuts in it. It’s still almost the real thing though since olive oil is also added in the preparation of the sauce.

Harry Potter 7. Finally, I was able to read it. A week ago, Ate’s box arrived and imagine my delight to have found a copy of the “Half-Blood Prince.” I had the electronic copy of the same and was able to read it before the book version literally flooded the market. Still, it was pretty nice being able to leaf through the hardbound version with the “smell” of the crisp, clean pages leaping at me. Yeah, I’m that agog about books so pardon my being a little melodramatic where that is concerned.

Well, I just think there’s really a big difference about reading while you held the book, get to leaf through its pages and be able to “smell” the newness (or oldness for that matter) of the paper. To me, it’s enjoying the experience in its entirety, so unlike having to peer through a monitor in front of you. (I did that though with HP 6 hehehe I couldn’t wait for the real book to be available. ) It’s like comparing learning about a recipe by actually cooking it than by just surfing through the net. Another comparison comes to mind at the moment but the thought of my 14-year old niece reading my blog somewhat restrains me hehehe. And besides, I had yet to ask Jeni if the “comparison” is appropriate. Err… she would have to “enlighten” me about it yet as I have no first-hand knowledge of the same har-har-har… hint, hint ;) Love you, Jen.

Anyway, when Jeni and Candy “tried” to talk about HP 7 in front of me, I was like throwing my hands to my ears. I’ve been tempted to throw away Php 1,200 for a copy but both told me to just borrow. I’m thinking, Tunga will probably buy a copy anyway so it’s more practical that way.

And finally, last weekend, I was able to borrow Jeni’s copy. So there. It was a good read. It’s a good book but growing up being a hardcore “Lord of the Rings” fan somewhat dampens its appeal to me. Don’t get me wrong though. I’m still very much crazy about HP. But to me, the “Rings” are still a lot more…grand and dramatic… Although, I’m equally fond of the characters of both books.

So there, that was how I spent my weekend. I was so engrossed with the book that by night time I wanted to do nothing but sleep. I felt really bad leaving Bolo to his packing. I apologized and told him how bad I felt about not being able to help him pack. He laughed off my concern though and told me he understands and that he’s okay about doing it himself. Twice though he had to wake me up just to ask where his hydropack was so I stood up and located it in an instant. He was like turning the whole house upside down already looking for it when it was just where I first told him to look. Really, what will husbands do without their “highly” organized wives? Right, Kends? hehehe

Bolo’s in Gen. San now. He’s with Pastour for an adventure race they will be participating in as guests. It’s in lined with the city’s “Tuna Festival.” We did not get to talk much last night since I slept early and he was busy packing. So this morning we were like reluctant to let each other go. I had to point out to him certain details about how he packed his stuff that twice he turned to me in gratitude. He hugged me quite a number of times before he reluctantly moved towards the door. It’s funny really how we could get emotional about being apart and at the same time get into each other’s hair when we’re together hehehe I think that’s how things really are in marriage…

Good luck B, hope you’ll enjoy your trip. Do take good care of yourself. Pray for your safety always. Will be praying too. Don’t worry about Baby, ‘will be taking care of him real good and I’m keeping a close eye on the new yaya… ‘love you.

No comments: