Monday, August 20, 2007

Long Weekend

"Tita, I think, when Baby grows up, he's going to be the happiest man in the world!" China, Candy's eldest and really cute daughter quips at me. I smiled at her and asked, "Why?" She quickly responded -- "Because he is always smiling!"


That brief exchange certainly placed a smile on my face for the rest of the evening and everytime I'd remember the conversation. The kids had just spent the whole late afternoon and night together then. And looking back, it seemed that they were having so much fun together, Baby included.


It was a long weekend -- we had a Friday holiday because of the Kadayawan celebration and a Monday off, in remembrance of Ninoy Aquino's death. So by Thursday night, I was urging Candy to go watch a movie with me. We've been wanting to watch HP but never gotten around to doing it. But on the last minute Jeni texted and urged us to have pizza and pasta instead.


La Toscana is always a welcome treat. So we had a change of plans and enjoyed two kinds of pasta -- my favorite, Arrabiata and Pomodoro. We also sampled 2 kinds of pizza, one being Marinara with crab meat and shrimps on it which was really good :) At first there was just Candy, Jeni, Towi and I. Later on Bolo joined us just as the second pizza was served. Archie also arrived but just when we were about to go already.

We started a conversation over pizza -- initiated by Jeni about certain "arrangements" in her life. Owing to the fact that there is still so much to talk about and with Archie not able to enjoy the pizza at all, we decided to move the "rendezvouz" elsewhere.

And so we did. We moved to MTS and things started to become really interesting owing to a confusion brought about by a certain "5 + 1" promo they are having there. Right Kends? Wink, wink haha! Interesting indeed. The whole time, I was like kicking Bolo under the table and pinching him at his side hehehe But everything evened out when Jeni arrived after taking Towi home. The conversation miraculously turned sober and funny once again. Well, it also helped that Bolo's tongue seemed to have loosen up a bit after two bottles of...err...redhorse. So he was like making remarks and me trying my best to cover up what he just said hehehe It was fun though :) But I think what really eased the tension then was the chocolate oatmeal fudge bar that miraculously appeared at our table hehehe

Friday was the greatest though. By 5 PM, Candy, Jeni and I met for an "Ukay" rendezvouz. We've talked about it before and so owing to the free time, we finally managed to do it. When Candy informed me she was tagging along her two daughters, I was like wondering if she could manage that fine. It turned out I was the one who had difficulty trying to keep my "kiti-kiti" one-year old from being all over the place. But I certainly enjoyed seeing him having so much fun. Below are some of the pix we had with the kids playing around while we Moms are busy going through some "ukay goodies."































After a few finds, we opted to go to Victoria Plaza to continue our Ukay hunt and to meet up with Bolo who was manning a wall and a scooter activity area at the carpark. It was an Edge activity in coordination with Coca-Cola for the Kadayawan festivities. Anyway, we rode the jeep in going there. The whole ride saw China and Asia taking turns singing some of their songs from school. Baby was singing along too and showed off some of the "action" songs he knew. It felt pretty much like we were on a field trip something hehehe I was afraid that some of the passengers found us a bit noisy for comfort but we could see them smiling, obviously finding the kids' whole tirade cute. Well, who wouldn't? They're all cute kids haha! Spoken like a real Mom huh? :)

At one point Candy and I discussed how different our lives have become now. If before there used to be just us going around, now we have our little ones in tow which is cute really. It's fun watching our kids grow up and witnessing their own personalities evolving and taking shape right before our very eyes. I feel blessed that we have some opportunities to share experiences such as this with each other. It's good to note that the friendship we have shared in college extended to this very day and to our little ones as well. I hope these kids will grow up to be friends as well :)









No comments: