Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Keep Walking!



I so loved the picture above. (More at my roadtrips blog!) It's of the adventure race that Bolo and I very recently participated in. I am amused by the irony and the timing of it all :) But I also find deeper meaning in it. I think it is a reminder for me to keep on walking, to keep on living despite the many hardships that may come my way.

The past four months have been "terrible" for me. In May, there was my miscarriage. By June, I had several work concerns. July... I lost my only brother. By August, Bolo and I very nearly called it quits... I guess for four months I sat in a middle of a very big hurricane in my life.

A week ago, Jeni and I had a conversation over coffee. At one point I was sharing with her an insight I had about my work when she looked amusedly at me. Then she told me she was amazed to see me still standing despite the several blows I had endured the past months.

Her remarks made me stop and think. I realized, I had remained standing because not for once have it occured to me to let everything weigh me down. Not even once have I thought about just sitting in the corner and quitting.

Oh, the pain come in waves. Sometimes they even come unbidded... I would sit working in the office when a thought would come and then I would feel the tears coming...

But I guess giving up was never really an option. Now why is that? Because of the many roles I have -- being a daughter, a wife, a Mom (most specially) and even in the work I'm involved in...

There are just far too many things that needed my attention that I hardly had the time to just let life pass me by. So I keep walking... performing the responsibilities asked of me...

No comments: