Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bb Bullets' First Costume Party

Baby Bullets attended his first ever costume party last Saturday, August 5. It was my inaanak, Raine's birthday. She's the daughter of Ryan, who is a common friend of Jeni and I. A good friend at that.

Long before the actual day, I was already excited for Baby Bullets. The only thing holding out my excitement was the fact that I don't have a costume for him yet, up to the last minute hehe The invitation specified that the kids are to come in their "Royal Costume." To me, that meant, Baby would have to come as a king or a prince. And in my mind I'm picturing - tights, colorful top, a cape and a crown. Bolo completed the picture by suggesting "dwarf-like" shoes hehehe I certainly have no idea where to look for these things. Good thing Jeni told me she had a spare "Chinese" costume. She suggested that Baby and Towi attend the party as Chinese royalties hahaha and they did. Baby was the sole Little Chinese Emperor there. (Although he sure looked more like a Shaolin kid than anything! haha) A modern version that is because he completed the get up with his Nike shoes hehe. The other guy kids there wore a cape over their slacks and shirt... The mother in me can't help to think that Baby was the cutest baby boy there haha One with the best personality too hehehe He sure did smile often (again) while at the party, charming his Tita Jen to the max hehe Good thing because it made her carry him most of the time hehe


My little Chinese Emperor cum Shaolin Kid hehe with Tita Jen


Bb Bullets: Don't touch me by the armpit Nanay. I'm ticklish! :)



Bb Bullets: Ay, ice cream! I want some!

This particular picture and the one below really broke my heart when I finally uploaded them to my computer. It was only then that I realized that Baby had been wanting to have a taste of the ice cream. And I did not notice it at all at that time. I do remember thinking at the party whether it's wise to feed Baby some. But it being as it is and being sweet, I had had my doubts. I did allow him a few licks of mine but that was way, way at the latter part of the party and these shots were taken a few minutes after we've arrived at the party. Aww, poor Baby Bullets. Nanay was so insensitive huh?

Bolo and I are quite careful as to what to feed Baby. Especially when we read how his feeding now could influence his eating habits the rest of his life. So, his food are particularly unsalted, unsweetened... hehe you get the picture. As for feeding him anything sweet, candies are a no-no. Although he already had a taste of his first lollipop when we were in Legazpi. Juliet of the PLSD Project gave him some and we let him play with it for a while before whisking it away from him hehehe We read somewhere that if we feed him too much sweet now, his tastebuds would develop along that line so he would grow up having preference for anything sweet. Bolo and I are careful about keeping everything in balance though. We can't have Baby feeling deprived and frustrated.



Bb Bullets: Hey Ate Towi, I want some too!


Bb Bullets: Am I not suppose to pick some cards too?


Bb bullets: Tatay, get me up! Huhuhuh


Bb Bullets: Tatay, can you make me a dog out of this balloon?


Bb Bullets: Don't Nanay! The rubber is doing wonders to my aching gums! Huhuhu


Family Picture with Ate Towi :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

send us a pic bolits wearing the england shirt, natry na niya?

Tata said...

halu te? :) oo na-try na niya :) he wore it yesterday when we went to church. para mabless ang bag-o hehehe will take his picture later and post it here or send it to your email. sent tunga message over at Yahoo Messenger when we received it to thank you :) gave Nc's too when we visited her at the hospital. she gave birth last aug. 11. bb boy. again hehe regards to the kids and mama fely and kuya :)

Anonymous said...

hmm. sayang. we should have had a picture of bb eating grass. waaaaaaa

Tata said...

waaaaah! wawa bb bullets that time :p u, heartless, u! :p :)

Carmila said...

They're growing up pretty fast...