Friday, August 11, 2006

Yes!

Actually, as of the moment, I don't feel as ecstatic as that. I'm feeling real low. All that I wanted to do is to crawl right into my bed, throw the covers over myself and go to sleep. Hardly had any sleep for two nights in a row. The previous night, I was kept awake by Baby who refused to sleep at all. Something must have been bothering him, could be an upset tummy or aching gums (yep! his already teething! He now boasts of two lower, front teeth :)). Last night, I slaved over a proposal that was due today. I ended up sleeping at 3:00 a.m. this morning. I woke up at around 6 a.m., plugged on the computer and started right where I left off. Then, I got ready to go to the office. Once at the office, I faced the computer again and started piecing together my work and that of Kuya Arnel into one "neat" project proposal. And then having done with that one, we worked again on another. Huh! Hehehe So, it's actually a yes! we're finally done. And yes! we were able to beat the deadline and finished the proposals on time.

But last night's yes! was definitely an ecstatic one. First, it was a yes! that Renee, Bambie and I are contemplating about joining a TNF race next week. Second, I was ecstatic about being able to do my nightly runs again after months and months of being almost sedentary. From the time I've found out I was pregnant till I finally had Baby and gotten back to work, I probably was just able to exercise for like, twice. Yep, just for two instances. Work and familial obligations somewhat got in the way. And to think I had been real active for the past five years(?) before that. So to have done a few rounds last night, feeling my sweat running down my face, back and body sure felt great. It was almost a thrill finding my pace again. It certainly felt good to feel the muscles in my leg moving at its familiar rythm once again...

The run last night truly did me a lot of good. When Bolo showed up and played around with me, it sure made the night for me. Well, exercising sure did boost my energy and the "happy" hormones sure did come just as Tina Juan said they would after a good exercise. I felt light and happy and Bolo must have felt it too because he was very playful with me. First he surprised me by presenting me with an Ukay find he had that afternoon -- a red,roxy board shorts. And he started clowning around with me soon after that. It also felt good to be with our friends again. I was not able to go out much the past months. Well, being a Mom and a wife at that... So last night was definitely a treat...

So yes, I am grateful for moments such as last night. I am grateful that I am able to accomplish the things I did today. I am grateful for every little chance I get to do the things I love to do and to be with the company of some, good friends. This particular line of thought brings to mind the personal credo I wrote a few years back. One particular line there said something like, "to wake up every morning with eagerness in my heart to face the new and exciting experiences that awaits me. to be filled with gratitude for the many blessings I have enjoyed and for the many gifts that I have yet to receive as I go through the day..." I still strive to always feel that way for the everyday that comes my way. I pray that such disposition would always stay with me, for life indeed is truly beautiful even if at times it may not seem so...

No comments: