Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"Good" Morning :)

It is a GOOD morning, a good day. Mornings these days meant being awakened by Baby Bullets’ muttering and ramblings hehe It’s cute really, he’s like our alarm clock in the morning :) Most of the time he would be making all these noise while looking at his hands, as if talking with himself. Sometimes, he would turn to me and poke me, as if urging me to wake up. Most of the time, I would awaken to his frantic search of that which gives him nourishment hehe In that case I would turn to my side and happily oblige :)

This morning he woke up quite early. There still wasn’t any light outside. He was kind of edgy and even crying a bit. I immediate thought he was hungry and urged him to nurse but he refused. It dawned on me that he’s probably being bothered by his gums again. There was an instance when he was crying at 12 midnight and refused to feed. I did not know what was wrong with him… Then it just came to me that it’s probably his gums and so I massaged it. He immediately settled down after that. I thought that amazing, how I knew instinctively. Mother’s instinct huh? :)

It was still early but having awakened already, I had trouble going back to sleep. So I just played with Baby. A little later I woke Bee up and urged him to join us. I was the more playful with Baby than Bolo is. Probably because like me, Bolo never really is a morning person. But he did happily clown around with Baby. But he teases Baby more than actually play with him. So Baby’s more like frustrated with him than happy :p But we sure had fun this morning, just the three of us. At one point Bolo and I looked at each other and wished together, under our breaths, that we did not have to work that morning.

Our mornings are like that these days. Except when Bolo is in a hurry for work or when I am, which is not that often. But I particularly liked this morning because Bolo and I cooked together. When Yaya had to buy something, Bee took hold of Baby and told him he’s cooking along with us. To me that was a pretty intimate moment – the three of us doing something together. Sometimes I could almost not wait for baby to grow up so we could start doing things together. Everything was a blur after that, having to rush to work and all but the afterglow of that moment pretty much stayed with me the whole day. I remembered muttering to myself as I was on my way to work this morning how inspired I felt. Bolo must have felt the same thing because he showed up in the office this afternoon only to urge me to accompany him. He was going to have his vehicle gassed at a nearby gas station. It was a poor excuse really but I liked the fact that he wanted to be with me. He’s right, we are still sweet to each other…

I chided him last night that he’s probably having some girlfriends on the side. It was a joke really, we were talking about one of his “friends” who is having an affair (yup, really bad!) and I teased that he might follow suit. He told me he doesn’t see any need to. He pointed out we have a good relationship and that we are still sweet to each other. Indeed we are. It’s because I have such a sweet husband too… But still I’m praying, that each of us be spared from any form of temptation. For all the creases and conflict in our relationship, we still have a good thing going… And I pray that with God’s help we will keep it that way.

No comments: