Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy Anniversary Papa


Thanks to the Kadayawan Celebration and we had Friday off last week. It's a good thing since it was also Papa's 4th Death Anniversary. Mama and I really intended to take a leave that day since as usual we will have dinner at his resting place in Buhangin Memorial. And we did.

We were joined by family and friends. Candy was kind enough to have joined us bringing along her two little princesses -- China and Asia. Ma'am Sonia and daughter-in-law, Lyn was also with us. Jun and Lisa and their cute daughter who is also my inaanak also came. They had always been a fixture during Papa's anniversaries and during All Soul's Day. Vynette and very-soon-to-be-hubby was there too. Truly appreciated their presence. (Thanks Baki).

Four years... it's been that long Papa and yet there are still times when I would find myself crying to sleep as I remember you. There are nights when the longing for you is intense... Even during the day when thoughts of you would suddenly creep at me... You have gone at a time we hardly expect at all... At 52, you were too young to have gone ahead... But I guess I was guilty -just as every child must be - of thinking that parents are going to live forever... Because our need for them also spells forever...


The Kids


the "isip-kids" and bb bullets



I still remember you Papa and sometimes they are not without regrets... Regret that ours was not a family where emotions are openly expressed. Because if we are, I could have told you countless of times... that I love you.

No comments: