Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bolo

Hmm... the clock in the lower right corner of my monitor reads -- 12:15 am. I ought to be sleeping already but here I am staring wide-eyed into the monitor.

Earlier, Bolo really made me laugh because I was caught off guard when he asked if I heard what he was saying. He looked a bit dumfounded that I can't help but be amused.

Well, what's funny I think is that it is I who often had to ask if he'd been listening to what I'm saying. It's a given, men usually tune out everytime women starts to sort of nag or air our sentiments. Rarely do they ever listen. And then there he was saying a line that is usually mine. It's funny really.

Bolo recently had a tooth extraction. A molar. A big one. Yup, painful it was for him. I had to accompany him to the dentist. Well, it just so happen that this adventurous-seems-to-be-scared-of-nothing, big "boy" is afraid of doctors and hospitals. I recently found out it extended to dentists also.

While he had his tooth examined I stood at the sidelines listening as he threw several questions to the dentist -- is it going to hurt, how much is the whole thing, etc. Like a coach (more like a rooting cheerleader) I reminded him not to be nervous lest he would feel the pain more or something like that. I told him he'd better just close his eyes so he won't see the stuff that would go into his mouth i.e. the needle hehehe But apparently he did not close his eyes at all.

I know Bolo well, I knew how scared he must be of the whole proceedings. After a while, I noticed that he seemed pretty composed and relaxed that I was a bit surprised he's taking everything so well. So I sat in the corner and read a magazine. When he's through and we were already out, I asked him if he ever felt any pain. He said he did. I told him I noticed he does not seem scared at all. And his rejoinder was not something I totally expected. He very casually said, "Because you're there." That was enough to melt my heart right through hehehe

Even at the start of our relationship, Bolo had always been open about his feelings. He's not the type who would hide what he feels and pretend everything is fine when it is not. He's pretty expressive too for a guy, which is quite refreshing really. He's not your usual rhetoric, big-with-words, poetic type of guy. When expressing his feelings, he expresses them simply, plainly. Surprisingly, it usually had more impact than big "romantic" (often-not-the-truth) words. I guess that's it really. His simplicity imply truthfulness. And it is something that the heart readily sense and understand, thus the impact it creates.

Ah, I'm learning more about Bolo everyday. And I must admit it's not always the case that I like what I see. There are even times that I find him quite despicable hehehe There are times he really is so infuriating I totally lose my patience with him. But I know deep down, Bolo really has a pure heart. He's pretty much like a diamond in the rough. In his rawness, he could also cause me pain. Yet underneath all that jagged exterior lies his truest value.

Well B, we're definitely in it for the ride. Apparently we had survived our first year -- barely it may seem hehehe And since we had decided to embark on this journey together, we might as well make the whole experience worthwhile and make the ride as comfortable for the both of us as possible. As it is, we are still finding out how we're going to manage doing that exactly hehehe Merry Christmas :)

P.S.

Do continue saying that line you tell me everytime you wake up in the morning and look at me and I think we'll get along just fine bwahahaha! Btw, I think you're beautiful too my dear husband :) You have such a beautiful soul...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm....pgka-cute oi! congratulations ninyo duha! lovely lovely.... ooops c gladys diay ni :=)

Tata said...

hehehe cute ba? :) ty glad :)