Saturday, December 30, 2006

Holiday Rush

Just came in from rushing for groceries. Luckily, Gmall's having a midnight sale otherwise, we would have been forced to do some last minute shopping. We could have done it a lot earlier but there was just Bolo and I. There were tons of laundry that needed to be taken cared of and a whole big house to set in order. We wouldn't have had this problem if our former housekeeper returned as she promised.

Baby was showing some signs of catching some cold but we had to tag him along with us. After all we couldn't just leave him at home like a rag doll. As expected, the grocery was full of people and the most crowded aisle? Yup, the ones that had the pasta and the accompanying ingredients. As in! I had to leave Bolo and Baby with our cart so I could swim through the crowd of people to get what we need. When we were almost done, Bolo and I agreed to start queuing up for the cash registers. Bolo left me and Baby on the line while he did some few more rounds of getting some last minute items we had neglected to consider earlier.

Rush. Ah, but this week I haven't really been doing that much rushing. Except yesterday when I had to rush to three banks just to encash some checks and pay my credit card bills. This week I have been truly enjoying a Christmas break from the office. Cool huh? To have some Christmas break for ourselves. I feel truly blessed. While I still brought home some work, I've been enjoying some afternoon time with Baby and Bolo either fooling around or watching DVDs. Ah, the DVD player sure been been burning this week especially last night and this afternoon. There are two or three DVDs I've bought but haven't gotten around to watching. I feel blessed to have had the time now. But I am truly grateful for the time I have to be with both Baby and Bolo.

Earlier, I can't help but feel contentment while we all lay in bed watching DVD. Baby's head had been nestled tenderly on my tummy and I could sense he's also enjoying being with both his Tatay and Nanay. Ah, family life could sometimes be such a... difficult experience? But it sure has its rewards too. Like having those moments when you're feeling you couldn't ask more from life...

No comments: