Wednesday, January 19, 2005

And so it flows...

Ever since I had decided to take up writing again, the words just seem to flow. It's as if a great dam has been broken. Upon reaching home, the urge to have some quiet moments with myself would come, making me forget about tv and preferring to settle instead next to my CD player, playing some music that somehow encourages me to pick up my pen and start to write.

Pen in hand. Whether cooped up in my bed, or facing a wonderful view, having a pen in hand and being lost in my thoughts has always been a welcome respite from my usual, well, "hectic" schedule. I remember having this entry in my journal - "Ah! This is life! Pen in hand, lost in thought..." That pretty much sums it all up.

I'm supposed to be doing some real writing at the moment. This time, of the technical kind. Well, for work, that is. But I just can't seem to get around doing it. I have finished with a few paragraphs already. Actually, I've been surfing the net precisely for the reason of researching for that particular paper. Then, one thing led to another and here I am hehe

Well, for sure, writing down my thoughts, getting in touch with myself and the musings of my soul is a lot easier than doing a technical paper on something you hardly have enough information of. Excuses, excuses... hehe but this is indeed true. Well, at least for me. I know for some people, it's easier to write about something that's neutral and detached than to write about one's feelings and thoughts.

Self-awareness. I wrote about this and how it's very important to me, last night. Hmm... maybe this is also the reason why I like to write. Or, come to think of it, maybe all that musing and wanting to get to know the self had led me into committing all of those stuff into paper. I guess, it just follows. I think, search for answers, try to get to know myself a lot better... then the urge to write would come. Why? Since, somehow, writing down my thoughts lend me some kind of a structure. Somehow, my "wonderings" become less of a "wandering" of thoughts when I do write them down. Writing helps me have focus on what I'm really feeling, or really thinking. Compared to just staring blankly into space. Hmm... that would be real eerie. I don't think those I live with at home would be comfortable looking at me staring blankly at nothing for hours. As it is, it is sometimes difficult to explain why I'd rather be cooped up in a corner with a pen in my hand than sit with them while they watch tv. I already seem "weird"to them as it is. Not that I really mind.

No comments: