Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Taking a Break

Hmm... just came in from a meeting. Actually, it's more of a brainstorming activity. We're working on this proposal. Pretty interesting. So much so that I could feel my adrenaline rising. Funny, it's as if I'm on a climb or participating in a race. I feel pretty much this way when I'm engaged in those two activities. Hmm... it must be because like those two, preparing this proposal is also very much like a challenge.

It is challenging all right. At the start of the meeting - before my brain had started humming and seen the possibilities for the project - I was like saying to myself, "Hohum... could I possibly get out of this? I have another project to think of and take care of at the moment." But all that changed when I started digging in the data. The project is interesting. I like it a lot in fact. I just wish we'll win during the bidding. But what the heck? For this "high" I'm feeling? It's enough. Whether we get it or not is beyond my control. What is within my control, however, is coming up with a good proposal. One that has soul and heart and commitment in it. Hehe That would probably be too much =) After all, the basis for winning the bidding would be on the technical aspect of the proposal. I guess, I just would have to see to it that we would be able to do just that. What is beyond my control then is whether or not I put in a good work in doing this proposal. Rest assured, I'll try my best. But hey, the heart, soul and commitment bit? For sure, I'll be putting in that too... But that would be something only my God will see =)

No comments: