Monday, January 24, 2005

Finally Able to Breathe

There! emailed the proposal and its attachments finally. Almost five days of slaving over it - including weekends - and I'm about to burst at the seams. Hehe not really but I found myself quite irritated at someone I worked with this morning that I knew that the stress is showing. Fortunately, I was able to check myself immediately. I was quick at dismissing the feeling. I remember telling myself, I should not feel that way at all. I reminded myself, I ought to be more patient... And thank God I was. Had I given in to the feeling, I know I would have regretted it by now. And now, the work is done. Now, I have time to do this and some more musings that I've been wanting to do but was just real busy with work.

The whole time last week, there were things I really want to think over and write about. While we were working on the proposal last week, I was scribbling down some notes in my "work" notebook when I came across some old "thoughtful" writings at the back of the pad. They were journal entries - my thoughts written down while I spent a few days in Manila, September of last year.

Manila. I wouldn't be surprised if I had been real "thoughtful" while over there. One, I had had the time. Being away from the usual work routine, my mind and well, soul was able to enjoy some breathing space. I was there on a training... It was a welcome break. Second, well, the place holds too many memories... so much so that I was even able to write a poem or two about it then. And admittedly, those memories were pretty much tied to something that's not really totally "resolved."

Some loose ends. Yeah, that was what that entry was about. They were some scribblings about my feelings towards that "unfinished business." The feelings were a bit raw and reading it, no matter how busy I was with work then, somewhat affected me. Well, I guess that is to be expected. Things like that really have some way of creeping at you now matter where you are and what state you are in... "Unfinished" nga kasi eh.

Hmm... I'm toying with the idea of putting that particular entry over here also. And some old writings of mine... I probably will... And I'll keep the date on those entries, including the time... so they'd probably fall under the "Archives" already... hmm...

No comments: