Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hmm

Feeling really tired... hungry too. Haven't accomplished much today. Often feeling lethargic these days. I don't really know the reason for this. Must be the heat. That, and a bad case of insomia. For more than a month now I really have trouble sleeping. The earliest would be 1:30 A.M. and the latest being 3:30 A.M. Yup! extreme insomia, huh?

Last night, while I was desperately trying to convince myself to sleep, a thought cropped up. I recall how a speaker in our community once said that strengthening one's relationship with God could bring peace into one's life and thus assures you of a good night's sleep everytime. Last night, proving sleep to be elusive once again I asked myself, "Am I not at peace?" Why this difficulty to sleep?

I must admit, I am feeling a bit restless lately. It's as if I want to be somewhere else than where I am at present. I am thinking, could it be because I haven't done much travelling lately? Compared to the previous years, come February I would have been to different places already -- both for business and leisure purposes. Yet this year, here I am, seemed to be eternally rooted to the spot. I am wondering if this is really the cause for my restlessness. Is it?

Examining my feelings closely, I couldn't really say that the lack of travel is the reason for my restlessness. In fact, I could almost say that I'm feeling a bit relieved at being able to rest for some time. All those running about had somewhat left me "exhausted." Yeah, content and fulfilled but "tired" all the same =) I don't want to sound ungrateful since I'm feeling far from being ungrateful. In fact, I truly feel so blessed to have been afforded all those opportunities. All I'm saying is that right now, despite my feeling restless, I am also feeling blessed to have been given this time to rest, and to get my bearings again...

Hmm... at peace. I am feeling that now. I am at peace. This only affirms my belief that sometimes, really, it just takes a little introspection for one to fully realize that in whatever state one might be, he is truly blessed. All is well.

No comments: